Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chapter Four
I made a day of it.

It was hard for me to watch Elena s dreams that night she did once again dream of me and in every dream she was holding my hand .I felt that she did want to but had no courage.Then the dream shifted back to the gray streets and gunfire and her screaming.

I did everything I could after that to make her thoughts pleasant.
"She did sleep well" I thought as I waited for the right moment to knock at her door.

I hoped with all my hear that her uncle would not come to the door I really didn’t like talking to Adults they made me feel nervous. Maybe because in years they were just as old as me or I was older! I don’t know only that I really hopped she would come to the door and not her uncle.

It was about 10:00 in the morning it was a good enough time I thought jumping down from the roof onto the grass and taking a deep breath I rang the bell.

Maybe it was luck or something else but she opened the door and looked a bit surprised she was in the process of tying her hair up and her uncle was doing something in the kitchen. "Oh hi"! Then she said in a small voice "what are you doing here"? "I told you he wasn’t ready to meet you yet"."No I am not hear to talk to your uncle I just wanted to know if you wanted to go out with me today I can show you where I live and we can make a day of it".

She looked back at her uncle in the kitchen and then back at me and sighed ,
"just a moment" and left the door I heard what was supposed to be a whisper with my excellent hearing She was telling her uncle that she did want to spend the day with him but that there was this new kid at school who wanted to spend time with her and it was her opportunity to make a friend something he had always wanted.

He agreed that it was the case and they could always save the trip to the lake for some other time she gave him a kiss grabbed a bag from the counter which I could see contained a sandwich and taking her coat from the rack and putting her sneakers on she made her way outside I smiled she seemed eager to come with me. "The Angel was right"! I thought to myself "she dose sort of like me".

"So" she said" where are we going"? " Why don’t I take you to my house?
I have explored my area already and know some spots we can go if you want"?
"Sure I want to" !"OK then come it’s this way"! And this time not knowing what
I did for I am usually very consensus about these things I took her hand in mine and led the way she made no effort to take her hand out of mine all she said was "wow your hands are cold"!
"Yes remember I don’t get out into the sun much so I am sort of cold blooded" .

She smiled at what she thought was a joke I only winced at the thought but tried to think no more on the subject and just enjoy her company.

I had to let her hand go from time to time she told me it was cold I could feel her shivering so I let it go reluctantly. Also I had to watch my gripe on her hand for I myself didn’t know my own strength and could have easily crushed it.

But we made it to the place where my car was kept and I got in and she sat next to me then taking the longer road I made my way to a small house hidden deep in the woods which I had fixed up just in case people asked where I lived.
I parked the car and got out and helped her out then telling her to wait.
I went into the house and got something from a box.
I wont go into the details of what I got because I don’t like to think about it but I came out again refreshed and in a change of clothes and boots.

Then we set off together to the edge where had first met Mr. Pratt!
The way to the ledge would take a few hours by foot it was a hiking trail.
I made sure that I took water along. But for me I took a canteen for my own use and scented it so it smelled like tea so she could not smell what was really in it and gave her the same one but with real tea in it. Then I gave her a bottle of water to carry. And food, well I took a sandwich along but I knew I would not digest it and
I would have to find the right moment to get it out. But I wont get into all those disgusting details .

The hike was fun although I had to continually remind myself that she had to rest every two hours or so unlike me. So we made it to the top around 4:00. We started at 1:00 and took 2 hours up braked and went on for another two hours and made it at 4.00.

We sat on a stone and watched the clouds go by and just rested.

She was soon asleep on my shoulder I took her into the small cave and took the opportunity to get ride or my sandwich and drink. Then I sat by her and thought and meditated on the day I had learned something more about this girl she tried to hide her emotions away until the last moment but sometimes if pressured she would snap and let it all out but if left alone she could hide them for the longest time deep in her heart. Like today her happy emotions burst out and she was overly excited. And climbing up I had to ask her like four times when I noticed she was tired or her to admit that she was I could see in her mind the first time I asked that question she was tired but she didn’t want to show it, the second time she was the same, the third time she was thinking he will think I am week if I say so, and the fourth time I could tell she was about to cry if I pushed anymore so I let it be until she said it herself "I have a need for a water break".
Also it was hard for her to make decisions with a simple yes or no she was quit for a long time when I asked if she wanted to stop to eat and in the end she asked "what do you want to do"? !I am fine with anything".

"She dose not have much confidence in herself that is something I need to work on with her as well"! I thought as I stroked her brown hair and smiled at this sweet shy girl who had stolen my heart. She slept for half and hour it was getting late so I shook her gently and said "Elena we have to start back if we are going to get back by night fall"!
She quickly sat up "huh"! "What time is it"? "4; 30 you have been sleeping for half an hour" ."Why didn’t you wake me"? She said not angry but a bite panicked
"I promised him I wouldn’t be home to late". "Don’t worry" I said "going back down is always faster then up we can get down it 2 and a half hours if we go quickly".
"OK let’s do that" she said standing up and slinging on her back pack.
"I see you ate your lunch already"! she said "I will eat mine on the way down".

We were both soon on our way down the mountain and like I estimated we made it down in less time then we started. Then we walked back to the place where my car was parked and we got in and I drove her home it wasn’t to late.
By car we went faster so she got back at a reasonable time.
I walked her to her door She didn’t object this time and I said goodnight as she closed the door behind her.
Her mind was tired but happy!

And I felt like I had accomplished much more then trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment