Sunday, April 4, 2010

Chapter Seven.
Things get worse!

At school things just got worse! The three brothers had just signed in and seemed to pay no heed that the school was full of Angels. They seemed to be ignoring the whole thing completely! Mr.Pratt didn’t look worried though and although Mrs. Address went into hysterics and started projecting image after image of wolves in my mind there was nothing I could do. I finally asked Mr .E "why they were all so calm"
and he told me that "they couldn’t do anything to them so there was no need to worry that the school was safe because they were I it and the students were safe as well"."The brothers" he went on to say could come into their territory if they wanted to but they could do nothing".

The other teachers all told me the same thing "that as thong as the wolves were near the school or the neighborhood where they lived they could not cause any damage" .
So I relaxed a bite but I was getting more and more jealous in my heart as I watched the way Elena was looking at them and talking to them. Rachel started it by taking them into her group. I guess Elena wanted to be popular as well so she started joining the group I could feel her drifting farther and farther away from me Mr. Pratt and the other Angels were becoming more and more worried !

"It is peer pressure" said Uma to me while I was talking to her from a distance
"she feels that to be accepted by everyone else she has to do what they do she started with you in the beginning because well she wasn’t under pressure but you helped her see things differently she is out of her shell and is acting a bite to free you have to find a way to tame her or she will get into trouble but remember she is a sensitive soul and if you say something rash or get upset with her she could snap and then things could just get worse". "How do I talk to her then if she won’t listen to me"? "Patently and gently and if she gets upset keep your temper calm no matter what". "You are good at that I think you should ask your Elera to help you he is good at keeping it cool when talking to girls"! "Almore".
I smiled as he formed next to Uma "at your service come we can talk to her at lunch".
I went into the cafeteria and looked at the large table where they were all laughing together she was there two looking really out of place wearing ridiculous amounts of makeup and girl y cloths I shook my head trying to hard I thought to myself and Almore shook his head in the some ways he and I are more alike in mind then I thought we have the same taste for girls and so much more that might take to long to describe.

"Go ask her if she would want to sit with you for this break"?
"Watch her reaction carefully as you do".

I started walking up to her I smiled as I saw that sitting around her unnoticed to the others were her angel of heart soul and consense and her Elera!

I went over to her and the laughter died down I noticed that the three brothers looked a little more uncomfortable then usually and I atoned it for the angels being so close. Matt spoke in my ear "what you are doing is breaking the rules no help is supposed to come from the other place while things are in our territory" !

" Where did that come from"? I thought back "I never heard something like that". "And by the way if anyone is breaking rules it is you you are in the Angels territory not the other way around".

I watched with satisfaction as he sweated out his anger holding it as much as possible.I went up to Elena who was looking very uncomfortable as I went up to her all eyes were on us as I asked her the simple question her angels both whispered in her ear nudging her and giving her little hints. She looked at her so called friends and they just shrugged I read all there minds "yah get going good riddance"!

I was glad she couldn’t read there mind it would have made her more unhappy then ever. But the little nudging must have worked because she got up and went to my table. Her mind was mixed and in a state of confusion that even I could not make out so I gave up. We sat in silence for some time then Almore spoke to me and said "ask her how she is getting along with her new friends"! I asked she looked up with a smiled and said "oh great they are so fun to be around". This was like a stab to my heart. "Control it". Almore said in my mind so I swallowed and went on,
"we used to spent lots of time together"! She blushed "well that was before when I was still shy I have changed and now have more friends then before and they are all really sweet you know it is amazing how many people will talk to you if you just speak first and join them in their little groups".

I smiled halfheartedly if she only knew they were to astonished to say anything when she first plopped down and now wanted her to go more then anything but saw how much those new boys payed attention to her and feared they would leave to if she was sent them away. But she could not see that and I wasn’t about to hurt her or anger her by telling her so. "Ask her if she still likes you"? I hesitated on this question though go on "ask her you can tell in her eyes if she is not sure". So I asked .
The question brought on a strange reaction she looked at me blushing deeply then turning away she said "I do still like you but you are not in the popular crowed and I need to be in there". "I appreciate you helping me get over my shyness without you I would have never gotten over it but that is all I think of you as a friend no more."
She then stood up and left the cafe leaving me alone with a sword stabbed through my heart.
"Well that didn’t go very well"! Said Almore I looked up and he was sitting across from me "I am sorry Edward I feel your pain and know what it is like when a girl rejects you"!
"Do you really"? I said "I would think you would get them all with your good looks and all". He sighed "you think that not all girls are interested in men just by looks"! "But you have charm to go"! "Yes good looks and charm most woman go for it but not all"! "Hey now that is just being greedy"! I said with a laugh he smiled
"I knew I could make you happy for a few minutes". "Cheer up she still loves you" !
"How do you know that"? "Because" said a sweet voice behind me "her heart is still yours". I turned around and there was the Angel of Elena’s hear soul and concense.

"I will try to take your word for it". I said with a half smile as I got up and left the cafa. I didn’t know where I was going but I wandered about the building with hurt and mixed feelings. The rest of the day was spent away from her in the woods I sat by the pound feeling sorry that I ever got my hopes up and that I let my emotions for her get carried away. "What was I thinking of course she would go for being popular"! "Even in my day and age they were always looking for the wealthy and trying to make a good impression on them". "But they were never happy and the only ones who where truly happy were the ones who loved each other for love and not for money". "These ether had to have extremely sweet parents or they had to run away together". "Why would she want me when I was the most unpopular boy in school even if she thought I was the sweetest and most handsome".

I got that much out of her head but how could she be so blind to start thinking
Matt a sweet boy he was the most black hearten person I had ever met.

But again I didn’t know how to tell her with out telling her the truth or getting her angry. Again as I thought of her there she was in my mind now when I saw her I almost jumped out of my skin the three brothers were standing in front of her in front of the bakery it looked as if they had taken her on the back of their motorbikes and now they were talking to her "why don’t you come with me"? said Matt "forget about your friends here and come to new York with me it is a great place and you can meet my family and we can be married"!
"But uncle"? She said.

"Oh don’t worry about him he will be fine without you and once you are married you can write him you are after all almost an adult you should be able to take care of yourself and make your own decisions".

I was running before I heard her answer I made just as she got on the back of Matt bike. "Where are you going"! I cried as she put an extra helmet on.
The three brothers looked really pissed when they saw me but I wasn’t about to let them go so easily. She looked at me and said "don’t try to stop me I am old enough to make my own decisions without having you watching my back the whole time".
"About time"! Said Matt he smiled at me "she is mine now I have won the prize you lost"!

And with the most devilish laugh I remember hearing in my life the three motorbikes raced off out of town untilI could see her no more in my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment